Thanks for helping us host the incoming class! We’re true brothers and sisters in Christ, and this is a tangible way to express that.
Here’s how to be a great Big Sib.
- Once you receive your pairing text your little sib to say, “Hi, this is ______. I’m your Chi Alpha big sib. Let’s meet up this week or next. When are you free?”
- Add them to your prayer list and text them periodically to encourage them and to ask how they’re doing. Add it to your calendar as a recurring appointment (or to-do item, depending on your calendar). Pick a rhythm that suits your personality and schedule.
- Tell them they can text or email you anytime they have a question about life at Stanford or following Jesus at Stanford. You don’t have to have all the answers. Just give them your honest thoughts.
- At your first meeting say, “Hey, let’s do this again. Let’s put a few dates on the calendar right now. If we need to move them later that’s fine.” And then put down something about every 2 to 3 weeks depending on your schedule and your interest.
- Invite them to join you at whatever life group you attend. If you don’t attend a life group, this is a great opportunity to pick one. 🙂