Chi Alpha Events
This is an automated email sent every weekend to keep you in the loop. You can set up Chi Alpha events to display in your calendar automatically at http://xastanford.org/events
- We’ve got two identical worship services – pick whichever suits your schedule. Tuesday, at 7:30pm (we’ll be floating around until Nov 1 – check email on Tue morning for location) or Wednesday at 7:30pm in 370-370. Maps at https://xastanford.org/events/meetings
- Sundays at 7pm – prayer meeting in Old Union Sanctuary (on the third floor).
Our life groups are small weekly Bible-based discussions. You should be part of one! More info at https://xastanford.org/events/life-groups, summary below
- Thursdays at 7pm grad students meet up in Harstorf House (10 Comstock Circle). Led by George and Holly. Spouses are welcome.
- Thursdays from 7:30-9:00pm Chris and Cindy are leading a group studying prayer in Old Union 120.
- Thursdays at 7:30pm Vicky, Ben, and Astul are leading a group focused on service in Suites Jenkins 103. Every Sunday afternoon they also head up to San Francisco to serve the poor with a ministry called City Impact.
- Fridays at 4:30pm Shiwen, Serena, and Brittany are leading a group for women on developing a personal walk with God in the Old Union Common Room (on the 3rd floor).
- Fridays at 4:30pm Albert and Dylan are leading a group for guys in the Old Union Seminar Room (3rd floor). They’re studying prophecies about Jesus in the Old Testament – a great lead up to Christmas!
- Fridays at 6pm Brian, Eyasu, and Sierra are studying identity in Christ on the first floor of Old Union.
- Neville, Daniel, and Manny are leading a few good men on Friday evenings.
Class dinners are an opportunity to connect with other members of your class and meet people outside your life group.Each class has at least one dinner at Glen and Paula’s place so you can get to know the staff better.
- Frosh: Saturday, Oct 22 – dinner at Glen and Paula’s place. Serena and Neville are the frosh class dinner organizers.
- Sophomores: Saturday, Nov 12 at 6pm dinner at Glen and Paula’s. Neville and Daniel are the sophomore class dinner organizers.
- Juniors: Sunday, Oct 23 at Glen and Paula’s place. Jori and Fanny are the junior class dinner organizers.
- Seniors: Saturday, Oct 1 at Glen and Paula’s place. Vicky and Gladis are the senior class dinner organizers.
- Grad students: Saturday, October 29 at Glen and Paula’s place. Shiwen is the grad student dinner organizer.
Other XA Events
- Interested in the worship team? Sign up for a jam session.
- Fall Breakaway: escape the Stanford bubble before midterms! Join us Oct 14-16 in Twain Harte for a weekend of spiritual renewal. $50 for upperclassmen, $35 for frosh. Scholarships available. Register now!
- Thanksgiving at Glen & Paula’s: can’t get home for the holidays? Glen and Paula have you covered! Plan to have a sumptuous feast at our house. Details as the holiday draws closer.
- Chi Alpha’s World Missions Summit: January 4-6, 2016 in Houston, TX : Around 5,000 Chi Alphans from across America will gather to focus on God’s heart for the whole world. The cost is $169, which does not include travel or housing. We’ve got some hotel rooms booked and ready to go. Let Glen know if you’re interested.
Chi Alpha Community
- Vicky has home soccer games Sun Oct 23 at 11am, Sat Oct 29 at 10am, and Sun Nov 6 at 10am.
- If you have something that you’re doing – a concert, a play, an athletic event or whatever – let us know so we can put it on the schedule and support you!
Chi Alpha Connections
- Need a ride to church? Hop onto the XArpool!
- Got a prayer request? Email it to firstname.lastname@example.org and it will get forwarded to the people on our prayer team. Want to join the prayer team? Email email@example.com
- If you ever want to meet with one of our leaders to talk about God, life, or the Bible, you can schedule online at http://xastanford.org/ea
- We send out text message announcements as well. It’s usually 2-3 messages per week. Text JOIN is 650-352-3647 if you want in.
- Check us out on instagram @xastanford and hashtag any pics you take at one of our events #xastanford
This email was generated programmatically from a Google Doc. It will usually be sent out every Saturday at 10am. If you are a whiz at Google Apps talk to Glen – there are some things he doesn’t like about this script. firstname.lastname@example.org